Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ok ok! I'm posting!!

After fifty emails telling me that I needed to make a new post, I'm finally getting around to it. Life has been busy lately! After my mom left, I had exactly one week to plan three new books for my classes and the homework that went with them. I spent hours every day working on it, and then came back to school, grudgingly. Right now I'm fighting with the Spanish mail system since they've stopped a package at customs and are making me go through ridiculous hoops in order to have them tell me whether I'm allowed to keep it or not. And if they let me keep it then I have to pay taxes on it. Fun. All for some damn chocolate and toothpaste (I don't like the Spanish toothpaste).

My apartment building has FINALLY ended the construction and now I'm able to walk to my door without scaffolding everywhere and weird Spanish guys saying things that I don't understand. I also can hang my clothes outside, which is nice, but considering that it's freezing here, I haven't been doing that much. And I have a secadora now!

Hmm, what else? I'm tutoring like crazy trying to save money and transferring Euros into dollars. I opened my first CD the other day which made me feel kind of odd. Grown up in a weird sort of way. It's funny how money can do that to you. Instantly change you from a child to an adult. I guess that's capitalism for you. I tried to go out to a movie last night and made it as far as my door before I realized that all I really wanted to do was curl up in bed and go to sleep. I've been taking pictures like crazy with my new camera and really enjoying the results. I'll post some later.

Right now I'm at school, typing while my students are reading, since I never seem to have time to do this updating at home. I love silent reading days!

Oh, and Zoe is doing well to all who asked. Yesterday I came home to a trash heap as she has now discovered how to open up the top of the trashcan and pull everything out. That was fun. However, she was quite proud of herself and sat there sort of smiling at me. I swear she was saying something like, "See Mom! I can open a trashcan! And look at all these treasures!!" I did not have her same excitement.

I think that's it for the moment. Mail problems, and male problems. But that's another story =)

No comments: