Sunday, February 24, 2008

Updating!

It's been a while since I wrote, so I'm going to try to catch up with all that's been going on. It's been an interesting month. The weather here is insane and I can't seem to grasp the concept of Madrid winters. Sometimes it's 70 degrees and sunny, although rarely, and then others it's raining and freezing and your lungs freeze the moment you walk out the door. I think it's really negative to the human body, and all of the new teachers have had a consistent cold since this started. I learned how to say and write "tissues" pretty quickly once it started though, because I'm constantly walking around blowing my nose.

I heard the weather in the states was kind of crazy. Let me know what it's like where you are!

Other than that, it's been school school school. I've been designing new units and trying to somehow keep up with all my grading while still enjoying a social life. The social life has been put on a back burner, but I've managed to do a couple of cool things. I went to a new club opening a couple of weeks ago. It's kind of a funny story. One of my friends asked me if I wanted to go with him, and I said sure because it was Friday and I figured I should get out and do something. So I came home from school, walked Zoe, made dinner, took a shower, and got ready for my night out. I think it was sometime around eight at this point. My friend still hadn't called, so I was a bit confused. I called him and he started laughing at me. I couldn't figure out what was so funny, until he finally told me that the club didn't even open until midnight. Midnight!! He told me he'd be at my house to pick me up around 12:30 so we could go. I was in utter shock. That's way past my bed time normally, so I walked Zoe again for a couple hours to try to keep myself up just to go out. We ended up staying out until 7 in the morning and we were one of the first people to leave. Once the sun came up, I had some difficulty keeping myself going. I came home, slept through Sat, couldn't sleep for the night, and was completely screwed up for the coming Monday. So, long story short, I don't think I can handle the Madrid social scene.

This week I'm going to Paris Wednesday night and staying through Sat. I'm going to get to see Elodie, one of my close friends from when I lived in France. We haven't seen each other in six years, so I'm quite excited to go. I'm sure I'll have big news and lots of pictures when I get back!

Let me know how life is going for everyone. When I don't get responses back, I tend not to post as frequently! Love to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

Unknown said...

5-10-08

Hi Kate,

You popped into my mind today and I googled you. How cool to find you in Spain and to read all your blog entries! At the very first, I wasn't sure it was my old neighbor Katie but then I saw the name Zoe and I thought "yep." Believe it or not, I am still in the duplex on SE Tibbetts.

Hope you are well and thriving,

Barbara

Unknown said...

Wow! really?