Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Grading Done!

Grade time has always been stressful, but for some reason this particular year it was worse. Each report card took about 15 minutes, and with over 100 students, this added up to quite some time. It's these times I wonder why I became a teacher and get paid so little.

However, with that said, other aspects of my life are going well. I managed to get my first haircut in Spain with limited Spanish and a notecard that said "I want highlights. More in the front than in the back. Also, I want you to layer it in an A-line shape." This was courtesy of one of my students who looked at me like I was crazy when I asked her to write it out for me. But it worked!

And I'm starting to tutor after school this week, which I fought against for a while because I didn't want to stay after school later, but when I realized four hours a week would bring in 800 euros a month (that's almost a thousand dollars), I decided it was worth it. Maybe now I can have some money saved up for when I come back! And at this exchange rate, it'll be worth it!

I also figured out how to order groceries online to be delivered from one of the huge supermarkets so I no longer have to worry about the five pound bags of dog food I get at my local market and can save money on the Zoe monster.

All in all, life is good. I'm learning bits about Spain, and very little Spanish, but I think that deep down in my brain somewhere I can form a sentence.

Hugs from Spain on a very cold November morning!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't seen the crutches in a while, how is the toe, probably about healed?