Saturday, November 3, 2007

SAT Proctoring

Ok, while I can admit that I really enjoy teaching, and I do like my students, I did not want to wake up this morning at 5:30 to take Zoe out in the freezing cold, hop into my shower, and somehow make it to school by 7:30 to proctor the SAT on a Saturday. I do not want to be sitting in a room full of stressed out students, one of whom puked during the first twenty minutes. I, unlike the kids of course, am counting down the minutes until I am allowed to go home, watch the new episode of Greys Anatomy that itunes has just kindly sent me, and take a nap. Instead, I have to go home, take Zoe out again since she´s been cooped up for hours while I was here, and then figure out how in the hell to make fried chicken. Let me remind everyone here that I am a vegetarian. I have not eaten meat in over a decade. I have no clue how to cook fried chicken. But for dinner tonight we all pulled out a card with what we were cooking, and my luck, of course, is that I got fried chicken. So I bought the chicken, put it in the freezer, and have been searching on the internet for the last hour trying to find a recipe that tells me how to make it. Looks like I´m supposed to defrost it first. Great. Guess I forgot to do that this morning. And shake it in a bag with flour and seasonings? What are these people thinking?? I´m going to placate myself with the fact that I am also making mashed potatoes, if I can find potatoes, and then tonight, when no one is around, I am going to eat an entire sackful of them. After all, if no one sees you eat something, then you´re not really injesting calories. And it´s cold. And I want them. And a nap. And not the timer that is about to go off to tell me that once again I have to instruct the students to put their pencils down, that they are not allowed calculators if they are not taking the mathematics section, etc . . . Ok, enough of a rant. Happy Saturday to all.

No comments: