Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Empadronas de Volante

So I've decided that Spain hates me anytime I really need to get anything done. Last night I went to the Junta Municipal (I could have spelled that wrong) which is like city hall to get my empandronas. Let me insert here that I have absolutely no idea what it is or really what it is for, except that I need it to go apply for my card here that enters me into the social security system and makes me legal. When I arrived at the city hall the alarms were going off and there was a terrible screeching sound, but considering that it was absolutely necessary that I get this done yesterday, I had to enter anyway. So I sat there for an hour while the alarms continued until they figured out how to turn them off. My ears were ringing so much that by the time my number got called I could barely understand the woman when she asked me questions. That could also be my lack of Spanish, but for now I'm blaming it on the psychotic alarms.

Why is it that I get stuck in tiny shops when trying to get my metro pass and alarms go off when I try to get my empadronas? Am I a walking electrical disaster? Tonight will tell when I'm off to get fingerprinted. Pray that no electrical disasters are brewing as I type.

No comments: