Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Computers--Arg!

Ok, so I know it's been forever since I posted, but I swear the devil has invaded my computer and I'm crying witchcraft. I suppose you can all assume, correctly, that I am currrently teaching The Crucible. And if I could really cry witchcraft and have someone hung on the simplest whim, I would definitely go for the manufacturers of all PCs. I miss my Mac! I've NEVER had an issue with any Apple product I've purchased. I've NEVER had to have a motherboard replaced (except once when my friend spilled a bottle of wine on my laptop, but that was years ago and it certainly wasn't the computer's fault), and I've NEVER had to recharge my battery every fifteen minutes or it "hibernates." So, I'm now on my second loaner computer here (the school loaned me one when my mac was stolen), and for the second time I'm once again having problems. Now I can't use my wireless system because I'm blocked by a non-existant firewall, but I can't change my LAN settings until I have administrator access, and I can't do that until this person does this, and that person does that, and etc . . . I want to turn on my damn computer and have it work without having ridiculous issues every five minutes. So Apple, if you're out there and listening, I'm your number one fan. A week and a half and your newest laptop will be in my hands, and my PC will be happily returned to the school with all its demons.

No comments: