Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tumultuous Tuesday

So it was an interesting day already, and it's not even 10:30 yet. Mom and I got up this morning to the sound of a text message from Iberia saying that her bags were coming to the house. However, it's now four hours later and they haven't arrived. We rushed around the house making sure that one of us was always next to the phone just in case they called to say they were there. I quickly jumped in the shower while she waited to walk Zoe, just to be met with a psychotic shower that had apparently gone crazy after mom used it. (She swears she did nothing to it, yet it worked yesterday before she took a shower =) I had to hold it in my hand to take the shower, which was not a pleasant experience. However, I finally finished and got ready for school and was out the door in about fifteen minutes. Record time since I was running late. However, I managed to get to the train station right as the train was coming, so I was thinking that my morning was turning around and it was going to be a really nice day. The train was almost empty, which is a rarity in Spain in the mornings, and I got my own seat and was able to read the entire ride without being interrupted. Things were definitely looking up. Then I got off the train and it was pouring in the town where I work. I put my scarf over my head and took off running, hoping I wouldn't be soaked for my first class. On the way to school I ran into one of my students and she and I ended up running together. During this period she somehow caught her sweater on a pole and ripped the arm of it open. I laughed at her, thinking it was quite funny. However, karma is a powerful thing and five seconds later we were trying to get up the muddy hill to get to school and I slipped and fell and took her out with me. My whole outfit is now covered in mud and I have to teach today in muddy jeans. I won't even go into what my coat looks like, but I will say that I'm going to the dry cleaner immediately after school. Fun times. Then I tried to make copies of a test for my next period class and the copy machine went crazy and started eating my originals. I had to convince a secretary to take me to the other machine and make the copies, since I'm giving the quiz next period! Oh, and I almost forgot. This morning the school had a Christmas breakfast for teachers and I ran quickly down there to grab a cup of coffee, and on my way back to class managed to spill it all over myself also. So my coat smells like a mixture of mud and coffee. It's really quite pleasant.

Long story short, my Tuesday seems to hate me.

No comments: