Wednesday, December 19, 2007

We're up to Thursday!

Ok, only today and tomorrow and I'm officially on break. Thank God. It's time!!!

As I type right now, mom is lying in bed with Zoe talking to her and telling her that "grandma is better than mom." And, "your mom doesn't love you as much as I do." Fantastic. I can just imagine what it's going to be like if I ever have kids. Last night we took a long walk in Madrid and I showed her the three main museums and Retiro, the huge park. Tonight we're going to IKEA after work because I received an email at work from her yesterday telling me that my lamp next to my bed was broken. Hmm, it wasn't before I left for work! Then I got another email telling me she had locked herself out of the house for an hour and that it was quite cold outside. Age??? She's scared to really go anywhere on her own, so my drawers are reorganized and things are very clean all the time. I must admit that this has been very nice.

She's starting to notice the aspects of Madrid I told her about before. Trash all over the street, dog poop on your shoes if you don't pay close attention, and the fact that no one smiles at you when you smile at them. However, she seems to have made friends with a dog and its owner in the park next to my house, so at least that's nice. Every day I'm caught up to speed on the tricks this dog does in the park. I've never met him (or her) but it sounds like a pretty cool dog. Apparently, Zoe doesn't care much for it though.

Tomorrow she's coming to school with me, so she'll get to check out the psychotic kids here on their last day before vacation. Fun! Saturday is our museum day, so I'll repost about all the pretty artwork we see then!

Until the next time, Happy Holidays from me and my mother!

No comments: