Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Retiro Park





So there are two huge parks in Madrid, one named Retiro and one named Casa de Campo. Casa de Campo is bigger--kind of like Forest Park in Portland. Retiro is kind of like Central Park, but quieter and cleaner =) Sorry to my NYC buddies!


Anyway, Zoe and I walk there every weekend, and sometimes during the week (it's a good thirty minute walk to the park itself). I wanted to post some pictures of it so you all get a feel of the beauty that Madrid has, instead of just its problems. Enjoy! And just a quick note, the huge building that looks sort of angelic is the post office!!!! It's right outside of the park entrance.

4 comments:

James said...

I love your blog. Reminds me of college when I took summer courses at the Universidad Complutense in Madrid in 1990. I have such fond memories of that trip and your blog is bringing many of them back! :)

James

Nicole Cleary said...

Kate Zeman!

Thanks for the link to your blog! I'm thrilled that you continue to live life so fully so far away from home. You are a little rock star!! Hope you find some fun, fabulous friends to play pool with in Madrid!

With much fond admiration!

Unknown said...

I want to see pictures of Zoe in Spain on the Eiffel Tower wearing a beret.

sivaluk_htn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.